Rialacha / Rules
All College rules will be explained clearly to students on the first day.
- Sí an Ghaeilge an teanga labhartha le linn an chúrsa. Students are not permitted to speak English during the course. Our attitude towards this rule is firm and those unwilling to make an effort will be sent home.
- Entry into licensed premises or the consumption of alcoholic drink is strictly forbidden during the course.
- Smoking/Vaping is forbidden on the course.
- Students must not absent themselves from the guesthouses after 10.00pm and must remain there until after breakfast.
- Swimming/fishing is only allowed under the supervision of a member of college staff.
- A student may not leave the college during the course without permission of the Ardmháistir.
- As with normal school discipline policies, misbehaviour, verbal or physical intimidation, intentional or otherwise will be punished accordingly by the college authorities.
- The Coláiste does not accept any responsibility for lost/stolen or damaged property during the course. Students must make good any damage to property in the guest house or college before course completion.
- I accept that the Principal as ‘in loco parentis’ for the full duration of the course. In a case where a student must leave the course, for whatever reason (illness, family situation, expulsion, etc), and in the event that:
(i) I/we the parent(s) cannot/refuse to pick him/her up from the college within a specified
period of time,
(ii) or in my absence, that the nominated person previous named on the application form,
cannot/refuses to pick him/her up
(iii) or a third party named in an email if the above cannot be arranged,
(iv) or if the college authorities cannot contact me/us or the nominated person,
I give full consent and authorisation to the principal or any of the employees of the college/company or any of its company Directors, to bring my son/daughter to:
(1) the place of pick up by the bus at the start of the course,
(2) his/her home address
(3) the address of the nominated person
(4) or to a local Garda station in the event that the above have been fully exhausted by the college or in the case that the college cannot contact me/us or in the case of refusal to take my son/daughter from the college.
I accept that it is my responsibility to ensure that after I, or the nominated person or third party, have been informed to make all possible arrangements to collect or to arrange a person(s) to be available to either collect or be available to receive the student at the places outlined above or at another, mutually agreed location, and I hold the Principal, his/her Agents or servants, Company officers, directors or employees harmless for the relocation of the student from the college and indemnify the company and such persons from any losses, to include consequential losses in complying with this condition of acceptance of course attendance.
We make every effort that each student thoroughly enjoys the course and is treated fairly at all times.The above are the main rules which apply, but a more detailed set of our rules, regulations, structure and code of conduct is available from the college upon request.